extract from the web http://www.damanhur.org/:
Spirituality, today more than ever, implies a responsibility to participate in and produce concrete changes, both inside oneself and within the social, political and economic context of the world.
Spirituality means having the courage to experiment with new formulas and to denounce the injustices of a system when it does not respect liberty and the right to a life that is equitable, sustainable, and respectful of diversity.
Today in Italy, continuous and terrifying news episodes demonstrate the profound lack of values and objectives in a country adrift.
Damanhur shares the preoccupation of many for the attacks to the Constitution motivated by economic interests, and in part by the influence of the Vatican in public and private life, which weakens democracy and takes the possibility of action away from the citizens.
Fortunately, many voices are rising in defense of one’s rights, from individuals and associations in all of civic society, from the most secular to those of a religious and spiritual nature.
Damanhur is involved in this struggle, first person.
it is fundamental that human beings raise the quality of their relationship with the world and with life itself through their actions. The path to understanding the deepest and most spiritual part of human nature is based upon harmonious, continuous inner transformation, overcoming the limits of individuality and egotism, measuring oneself through practical works and a respect for all living forms, whether physical or subtle.
Out of the creation of a Tradition, a Culture, a History and Common Ethics, a People is born.
1. Citizens are brothers and sisters who help one another through reciprocal trust, respect, clarity, acceptance, solidarity and continuous inner transformation. Everyone is committed to always giving others the opportunity to aim higher.
2. Each citizen makes a commitment to spread positive and harmonious thoughts and to direct every thought and action towards spiritual growth. Each person is socially and spiritually responsible for every action they take, in the awareness that every act is multiplied and reflected through the Synchronic Lines all over the world.
3. Through community life, Damanhur aims to develop individuals whose reciprocal relations are regulated by Knowledge and Consciousness. The fundamental rules of life are common sense, thinking well of others and the welcoming and exaltation of diversity.
4. Work has spiritual value and is understood as a gift of oneself to others. Through it everyone takes part in the material and spiritual progress of the people, carrying out assignments, as they become necessary. Each citizen offers a proportion of his or her work in activities of common interest. Every task is precious and carries the same dignity.
5. Those who take on roles of social responsibility carry out their tasks in a spirit of service, without looking for personal advantage or serving the private interests of others. Only Citizens residing in the Communities may be elected or nominated for positions of social responsibility.
6. Spirituality, research and ecology inspire all relationships with the environment, through the use of appropriate technologies, useful in improving the quality of life.
Every Citizen lives in communion with nature and the subtle forces which inhabit it. Everyone is committed to respect and preserve resources and avoid as far as possible forms of pollution and waste.
7. Each Citizen respects his or her own body, takes care of it and nourishes it harmoniously, refraining from any form of substance abuse. Citizens put into practice rules of life suitable for harmonious physical, mental and spiritual development; they ensure the orderliness and cleanliness of their environment.
8. Each individual is expected to be capable of self-control, of making mature choices and of manifesting purity in thought and action.
Damanhur promotes and supports research both in science and art; it fosters and encourages continual experimentation of both the physical and the non-physical, as long as it is expressed in a harmonious form. All Citizens constantly improve their education and widen and deepen their knowledge in the fields of research, art, work and leisure activities.