- 1 1. Positive Visioning
- 1.1 2. Help People Access Good Information and Trust Them to Make Good Decisions
- 1.2 3. Inclusion and Openness
- 1.3 4. Enable Sharing and Networking
- 1.4 6. Inner and Outer Transition
- 1.5 7. Transition makes sense - the solution is the same size as the problem
- 1.6 8. Subsidiarity: self-organisation and decision making at the appropriate level
- 2 Permaculture principles
- 3 Characteristics of Resilient Systems
They matter because the people we deal with on a day to day basis can hold us accountable to them.
They matter because they're how we look at problems, devise responses and interact with people.
They matter because the field that we're operating in can knock us sideways, and it's really useful to have something solid to grab hold of.
These are the principles that Transition Network aspires to as an organisation, and we hope to model them in such as way that other transitioners adopt them as well.
Like everything else, they're not cast in stone, and if the wider field of transition feels that they need to change, then we welcome that input.