one of the most basic things we need to do before even starting to set up our own EcoBusiness (or joining one) is to be clear about what we're really passionate about ...
Very ironically ... it seems that when we are most worried about money, we are least inspired (& least inspiring, therefore least likely to succeed) in terms of creating our best possible eco-business.
Vídeo de YouTube
Refer back to the Module 2 classes (eg. 2.3 Visioning, Design Motivations) which say basically the same thing, in design language.
All basic design guidelines, principles, ethics, etc. are useful when applied to the task of designing an eco-business just as in designing an eco-landscape or eco-technology.
Scott Dinsmore's mission is to change the world by helping people find what excites them and build a career around the work only they are capable of doing. He is a career change strategist whose demoralizing experience at a Fortune 500 job launched his quest to understand why 80% of adults hate the work they do, and more importantly, to identify what the other 20% were doing differently. His research led to experiences with thousands of employees and entrepreneurs from 158 countries. Scott distilled the results down to his Passionate Work Framework - three surprisingly simple practices for finding and doing work you love, that all happen to be completely within our control. He makes his career tools available free to the public through his community at http://LiveYourLegend.net
Adam Leipzig has overseen more than 25 movies as a producer, executive and distributor. and has produced more than 300 stage plays and live events, and he was one of the founders of the Los Angeles Theatre Center.
Creativity expert and author Sir Ken Robinson explains how you can find your passion and be in your element.
I had an interesting discussion this week with one of my clients. She’s been in business for six months and is ready to quit. (I have permission to share her story.)
“I give up. Starting a business is so much harder than I thought it would be, so much more time-consuming. I was hoping to be making a profit by now! There are so many things to do and I’m totally overwhelmed. People don’t seem to want to buy my products and I feel totally rejected. I don’t think I have the personality to be self-employed.”
Hmmmm…interesting. Are there really personality traits that separate born-entrepreneurs from people who can’t hack it?
I’d say yes.
I’ve been self-employed in one way or another since 1981. I’ve known many self-employed people, and have been coaching and mentoring them for years. And over the past years, I see a pattern in successful entrepreneurs versus those who pack up and exit their business.
Here’s my must-have list of personality traits for the successfully self-employed (in no particular order):
Notice that I didn’t list any business skills here. You can always learn the business skills you need, or hire someone to do the work for you who does have the business skills you lack. This list is about who you are and what habits you have. Changing your basic personality style will take effort. That’s why #14 is so important: are you willing to do the groundwork, the personality foundational work, to set the stage for your success?
Naturally, there are some personality traits that are business killers, but that’s another blog entry!